2. Polyurethane takes forever to dry when it's cold and damp.
3. When painting a storage area only slightly bigger than you are (but too deep to reach the back of, even with a paint roller), it's damned hard to avoid painting yourself.
4. White-painted elbows look funny.
5. For any given project, assembling the tools will take at *least* n + 1 trips up or down stairs, where n is the number of tools required.
6. The online catalog LibraryThing rocks like an unbelievably awesome rockin' thing. Thanks to beatrice_otter for the rec!
7. Even when trying to finish carpentry projects, one can catalog a great many books (so far 770) in one weekend. Despite 90% of them being too old to have a barcode-scanner-readable ISBN.
What? Fic? Oh. Um. *runs away*
8. Installing doors is still an order of magnitude more annoying than building them.
9. Hitting myself with a hammer still hurts.
And LJ doesn't want to let me post pictures today, but here's a link.